Phil Lynch photography blog

I am a Hertfordshire wedding and portrait photographer but cover weddings all across the UK. Thank you for taking a few moments to check out all the latest news, weddings and shoots that have been taking up most of my time recently. Please have a browse and if you feel inclined, don't forget to leave a comment. You can also view more of my work on my main website: www.phillynch.com



Monday 5 November 2012

Contemporary Wedding Photographer of the Year 2012 | Wedding photography in Herts

In my re-newed effort to blog the latest news, weddings, portraits etc I thought it might be prudent to post some quite exciting news that happened a short while ago. My wedding photography has gained me the distinction of becoming the Master Photographer Association (MPA Central Region) Contemporary Wedding Photographer of the year and overall Wedding Photographer of the Year 2012 (for the second year running), as well as the title of Contemporary Portrait Photographer of the Year! All in all I picked up 23 awards including 17 merits.

I have to say, I am quite chuffed as this follows on from becoming the MPA London and Essex Region Photographer of the Year 3 years ago, so a triple whammy.

The awards themselves had some of the regions top photographers present, so to walk away with a hat full of awards as well as the 'big' one was fantastic. As much as I wanted to win, I felt really inspired by some of the work that was entered and I left the evening feeling that the strength of photography in the East of England is at an all time high as far as the serious pro's and serious businesses are concerned. This can only be good news for the future couples that see wedding and portrait photography as more than just a commodity and something more akin to 'art'!

The winning wedding image.
Contemporary wedding photographer

First and second place in contemporary portrait category
Contemporary portrait photographer 
Hertfordshire portrait photo 4

First and second place in the 10 from 1 wedding category.
Priory Barns wedding photos
Gaynes Patrk Barns wedding photos

Third place in the child portrait category.
Hertfordshire portrait photo 2 3

Here are a selection of some of the photographs that picked up merit awards.
Hertfordshire portrait photographer
rdshire newborn photography 3
Hertfordshire portrait photo 25
rdshire newborn photography 2
Reid Rooms wedding photographer 2

The Grove wedding photographer
Gaynes Park Barns wedding photo
Coltsfoot Country Retreat wedding photographer
Ware Priory wedding photographer
Hertfordshire wedding photography 6

Hertfordshire wedding photo 3
Hertfordshire wedding photo 2
Priory Barns wedding photographer
Greek wedding photography

No comments:

Post a Comment