Phil Lynch photography blog

I am a Hertfordshire wedding and portrait photographer but cover weddings all across the UK. Thank you for taking a few moments to check out all the latest news, weddings and shoots that have been taking up most of my time recently. Please have a browse and if you feel inclined, don't forget to leave a comment. You can also view more of my work on my main website: www.phillynch.com



Wednesday 16 December 2009

The Eagle has landed | Darker side of the moon!

"One small step for man....."

Or rather, the boy who never grew up! I bought myself (and the boys) a telescope as we have all shown an interest in the sky at night recently. It is great fun and even more so now that I have added an attachment to fix my Canon 1DSII to it. The Meade reflector scope came from Scopes'n'Skies and is a real beauty. It is a wee bit bigger than I thought it was going to be and the tripod that it mounts to weighs a ton but keeps the whole thing as steady as a rock!  

This was shot with a Canon 5D by hand holding it up to the telescopes eyepiece (I did not have the camera attachment at this point). Amazing what you can get really, and this is with the smallest optic. Not bad for a first attempt.

So far we have studied the moon, had glimpses of Mars and Venus and the daddy of them all...Jupiter. It was about the size of a pea but we could clearly see the 'eye'. We even impressed a few neighbours that were queueing up for a look-see themselves. I will post some more images when it is not so cold and there are clearer skies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment